MathWorks presents Release 2010b (R2010b) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families.
The expanded set of tools and features in this release include:
- New communications system design capabilities in MATLAB
- Automated PID controls tuning
- GigE Vision hardware standard support
- Enhanced Simulink and Stateflow support for creating reusable models
R2010b also introduces SimRF to facilitate system-level modelling of RF receiver architectures. This release updates 84 MathWorks products including Polyspace code verification products.
Updates to MATLAB that support advanced programming include custom enumerated data types, 64-bit integer arithmetic and a number of enhancements to the development environment.
MATLAB product highlights in R2010b
- Parallel Computing Toolbox: GPU support of CUDA-enabled NVIDIA hardware for accelerated computation
- Control System Toolbox: New commands and graphical tools for modelling and automatically tuning PID controllers
- Image Acquisition Toolbox: Plug-and-play camera input using the GigE Vision hardware standard
- Communications Blockset: New system objects for communications system design in MATLAB
- Fixed-Income Toolbox: New pricing and valuation functions for mortgage pools and credit default swap agreements
With R2010b, Simulink offers a new signal type and subsystem enhancements that help reduce block counts, simulation time and memory usage for large models.
New capabilities for capturing design variants as well as configurations in Simulink and creating reusable state charts in Stateflow help teams manage design alternatives and reuse large, complex system models.
Simulink product highlights in R2010b
- Simulink HDL Coder:
- New FPGA Workflow Advisor for critical path analysis and automated implementation on Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
- Area-speed optimisations that include resource sharing, streaming and distributed pipelining
- Support for 42 blocks in Communications Blockset and Signal Processing Blockset
- Support for the DO-254 standard
- Simulink Verification and Validation: Test-harness generation, data logging and test execution API for analysing model subsystems and for automating component testing during simulation and code verification (requires Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder)
- SimRF: New circuit-envelope and harmonic balance simulation technology built on the Simscape platform for modelling RF system architectures
- Polyspace Server for C/C++ and Polyspace Server for Ada: Web interface for viewing project metrics
The new release is available immediately and is being provided to users with current subscriptions to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.