MathWorks has announced new enhancements within Embedded Coder as part of advancing Simulink production code generation capabilities for embedded systems.
Embedded Coder has added a rich set of code replacement libraries that offer order-of-magnitude speed increases for advanced processor architectures including SIMD, SSE and Intel IPP in addition to a new user interface that facilitates creation and management of the code replacement libraries.
The new enhancements in the Embedded Coder will enable engineers in the aerospace, automotive and industrial automation and machinery industries to generate production optimised code involving several key industry standards and technologies.
Key enhancements in the Embedded Coder:
- User interface for authoring and managing code replacement libraries including SIMD and Intel IPP
- MISRA C 2004 and MISRA AC AGC compliance improvements for Stateflow state activity
- ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 certification and qualification support for Release R2011b (provided by IEC Certification Kit)
- AUTOSAR 3.2 support, sensor and actuator components, and single XML file generation
- LDRA Testbed code coverage integration and function execution profiling for software-in-the-loop (SIL) and processor-in-the-loop (PIL) testing
- Wind River VxWorks 6.8 real-time target using makefiles
- Static code metrics in code generation report including estimated stack size
- Data copy reductions and more efficient code for switch blocks
- Saturation control for Stateflow integer data