Materials Handling unveiled its A-Safe forklift and pedestrian barriers at National Manufacturing Week last month. This innovation is said to effectively make conventional steel barriers obsolete. Its success lies in the modular constructed polymer-based material and unlike steel, any A-Safe barrier will spring back into shape.
The Traffic Plus barriers comprise of a single 200mm rail with an impact height of 300mm. Standard post centres at 1.6m with an overall height of 400mm. The hand rail post comes through the traffic barrier post to a height of 1100mm and comprise of a 90mm square post with two rails.
Key advantages of the polymer-based traffic barriers include:
- requires less room and ideal for tight spaces
- ideal for walkway protection
- low level design
- offers personnel protection
- protect valuable machinery and vulnerable equipment
- offers real delineation of vehicles and people
- clearly segregates traffic routes