The company also specialises in custom engineered solutions that are offered when proprietary tools do not deliver the required result. These include the Navigator mobile work platform, the Liftpod aerial work platform and the Fast Pump fluid recovery pump.
Navigator mobile work platform
The Navigator from Materials Handling P/L is a very safe and easy to use mobile work platform featuring a Move, Steer and Brake control, which eliminates the need for springs, folding steps, wheel brakes and other devices.
The Navigator’s control raises the unit to the mobile position and provides easy steering. Release of the control automatically returns the Navigator to the stationary mode, where it is braked for total stability with all four feet in contact with the floor at all times.
The Navigator mobile work platforms assure safety with the design eliminating all skating and movement associated with using springs. With the Move, Steer and Brake control actuated, the operator is positioned away from the front of the ladder to allow for a normal walking step, enabling the unit to move quickly with minimal effort.
Key benefits of the Navigator:
- Moves to a new position in less than half the time of competing products
- Move, Steer and Brake control enables the platform to be used as a trolley
- Flexible Platform Safety Rail system can be set up to three different configurations to provide improved ergonomics and operation
- Auto-Safe Gate protects the operator from accidentally stepping off the front of the platform
- Modular design enables parts replacement in the event of accidental damage
- Manufactured from high quality materials and built to last
The Liftpod aerial work platform is another product from Materials Handling that contributes significantly to workplace safety. A secure, comfortable work platform that allows the user to work confidently using both hands, Liftpod is a practical, superior alternative to a ladder.
Key features of Liftpod aerial work platforms:
- Portable aerial work platform
- Each module can be carried by one person and assembled in 30 seconds
- Work tray to carry tools and materials, increasing productivity and quality of work
- Lightweight and mobile enough to be transported by one person between sites on the back of a typical utility vehicle
- Portable around the work site on non-marking 200mm poly wheels
- Lightweight design combines a high-strength steel base with lightweight aircraft quality, aluminium mast and platform
- Powered using a compact, variable speed power pack with 2 x NiMH battery packs
- Platform can elevate and descend 20 times on a single charge
- Spare battery and fast automatic charger for continuous work
The Fast Pump fluid recovery pump is a compact pneumatic powered drum pump designed to vacuum up coolant, hydraulic oil, engine oil or sludge into a 205L or 60L drum quickly.
Featuring an aircraft grade aluminium inner manifold, the Fast Pump turns a 205L or 60L drum into an extremely efficient vacuum cleaner for fluids only. The Fast Pump is connected to the 3/4" drum outlet and the vacuum hose camlock fitting to the 2" drum outlet before the compressed air line is connected.
Fast Pump is also available as an anti-static kit consisting of a special anti-static hose, metal camlocks and a metal rod that allows it to be used with flammable liquids. This kit consists of a Fast Pump, two metres of vacuum hose, camlock fittings, a vacuum wand, a crevice nozzle and a 100mm vacuum head.
Key features of Fast Pump fluid recovery pumps:
- Safety float valve shuts off the vacuum when the drum is full
- Kit comes complete with a vacuum wand, crevice nozzle and vacuum head to allow complete cleaning out or removal of unwanted fluids
- Allows waste fluid encapsulated within the drum to be sent off for recycling or waste disposal
- Reduces maintenance and handling costs