Matcon IBC was awarded a contract to supply material handling systems for a new Malaysian solid dosage manufacturing facility.
Kotra Pharma is a major pharmaceutical company based in Melaka in Malaysia and supplies their products to local as well as global markets.
As part of their expansion to meet new foreign market demands, Kotra selected Matcon IBC as a best-of-breed supplier based on their extensive experience in supplying material handling systems to the global market.
Key requirements for plant design:
- GMP-compliant materials handling system
- Maximise efficiency of bulk handling of powders and tablets
- Flexible process to suit client’s needs and manufacturing demands
- Enable simple and efficient interfacing with other process equipment
- Operator safety
- Low risk of cross-contamination
- Dust containment
- Guaranteed discharge of dry solids
- Reduce risk of segregation in powdered products
Kotra’s solid dose manufacturing process is batch-based and utilises Matcon’s Intermediate Bulk Container technology (IBC) to transfer batches between process steps ranging from raw material dispensing, granulation and blending to compression of batch into tablets, controlled feed of tablets into coaters and packers as well as off-line IBC cleaning.
Matcon’s IBC system allowed design flexibility for Kotra. Gravity flow was used for the material handling system to simplify process handling, facilitate automation and minimise product wastage.
Matcon’s IBC system is a closed transfer system to prevent product contamination risk while helping to meet health and safety requirements by reducing operators’ exposure to dust or fumes.
Key advantages of increased automation enabled by Matcon’s IBCs
- Increased productivity
- Improved product quality
- Batch traceability
- Improved process efficiency
- Economical production
- Reduced operator intervention in production process
Matcon offers a comprehensive range of IBC solutions for industry with several successful installations in major blue-chip pharmaceutical and generic manufacturing companies.