IBC wash stations, available from Matcon IBC , wash internal contact surfaces using a series of high pressure jets. The jets are inserted into the IBC, and follow a repeatable and controlled pattern to ensure internal surfaces are totally covered. The jets in the wash station are powerful and can remove stubborn surface contamination.
The wash water is used just once in a single pass on contaminated surfaces, however if required, re-circulation systems are also possible. External wash if required by manual wash lance.
IBC wash stations are floor mounted and are constructed with insulation from stainless steel 316/316L. The wash stations feature a crevice free, drainable design with an optional manual slave lid or auto slave lid. The IBC washing systems feature hygienic components, valves, pipework, and fittings.
IBCs can be lifted into the wash station by forklift or pedestrian stacker truck.
Typical skid and controls specifications:
- 60ltr per minute fixed speed water pump
- Conductivity monitoring system and detergent delivery pump
- Double plate, steam heat exchanger - water heating up to 85°C
- Air Handling Unit - steam or electric heated drying up to HEPA standard
- All cleaning-critical parameters controlled by instrumentation
- Alternative IBC loading methods - conveyors, AGV or other
- Buffer water storage tanks
- Communication with other systems such as DCS
- Data logging - retention of cycle records
- Wash all types and sizes of IBCs, Cone Valve, Butterfly Valve & others
- Systems integrated neatly into GMP facility with support services located in technical spaces
- Re-circulation of wash water
- Multiple detergent / sanitizer additions
- International design guidelines- cGMP, PED, ASME BPE, CE, GAMP, ISPE, FDA, 21CFR11, ATEX & EHEDG
- Simple “relay logic” controls
- Validation package with supporting documentation