Commercial Ethernet, which was developed well over 30 years ago, and today is a widely installed LAN standard since it is used in many LAN-connected PCs and workstations.
As the technology has evolved in terms of better overall performance and faster speeds, so has Ethernet’s appropriateness for the industrial environment.
The issue with the industrial world is that it can present harsh and hazardous environmental conditions, as there is a real risk in bringing commercial Ethernet type cabling and connectivity products into the industrial landscape.
But Belden DataTuff Industrial Ethernet Cabling and Connectivity Solutions offer a solution to this issue as they are designed specifically for the industrial environment
Belden's DataTuff products are built for mission critical applications in harsh environments. Belden's sealed IP67-rated products are designed for use in factory and process areas in unprotected and outdoor environments.
Belden's DataTuff products are resistant to ingress of dust, moisture, water, oil and chemicals exposure. Belden's non-sealed, IP20-rated cord sets are designed for use inside protected enclosures, control rooms, etc. but may be subjected to harsh conditions such as extreme temperatures, EMI/RFI and vibration.
Belden now offers the following DataTuff connectivity products:
- Cord Sets (RJ45) Cat 5e UTP or FTP. Solid or stranded 24 AWG conductors
- Industrial Grade Sunlight/Oil Resistant jackets. Suitable for use in IP67 or IP20 installations
- Modular Jack (RJ45). Cat 5e UTP or FTP. Suitable for use in IP67 installations
- Plug Kits (RJ45). Cat 5e UTP or FTP. Suitable for use in IP67 installations
- Stainless steel faceplates. 1- or 2-port single gang or 4- port double gang. Suitable for use in IP67 installations
- Surface mount boxes. 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-Port. Stainless steel cover. Suitable for use in IP67 installations
- Hand tools to crimp either UTP or FTP RJ45 plugs. Cable strippers. Punch-down connecting tool and tool pouch