Manuco Electronics (Sharp) introduces the Digital View’s SGX-1920 LCD Display controller, a flexible 8 or 10-bit controller with installed support for over 1,000 LCD panels manufactured by Samsung, Sharp, LG, NEC, Optrex, Chi Mei and AUO. It extends multiple digital input capabilities for the integrator of “Professional-Class” LCD displays.
The SGX-1920 LCD Controllers, by Digital View and available from Manuo Electronics (Sharp), features on-board dual HDMI, Dual DVI-I, Analog RGB and video inputs for integration with 5.8” – 8.2” LCD panels up to WUXGA resolution. All settings for panel resolution, timing and voltage can be selected in the field through DIP switches and jumper blocks using the installed firmware. Custom start-up screen graphics, gamma curves, EDID tables and display profiles are available.
Features of the SGX-1920 LCD Display Controllers by Digital View:
- Multiple input configurations: Dual HDMI 1.3 ports, Dual single-link DVI-I ports, VGA, Composite (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) and Component (YCbCr/YPbPr) inputs up to WUXGA (PC) or 480i to 180p (video)
- Dual channel LVDS panel output: Outputs digital audio (SPDIF) from HDMI and DVI signals with embedded audio.
- Onboard power supply four operation with 12 or 24 volt DC input.
- Provides panel power for 3.3V, 5V, 12V or 18V LCD displays.
- On Screen Display provides enhanced user interface for audio and video adjustments that can be controlled via digital button boards, surface mount membrane switches, RS-232 commands or infrared remote control.
“This platform has been designed to provide display integrators a single board solution for customers that require switching between multiple video inputs on a single LCD panel,” says Steve Simmons, Channel Manager for Display Electronics at Digital View.
“In addition to fast port switching, all critical image adjustment can be made on the fly through any of four – Ethernet, RS-232, Digital OSD button board, or Infrared Remote Control – interfaces.”
Simmons and Digital View believe the SGX-1920 takes LCD display controllers input flexibility to a whole new level.