Manuco Electronics (Sharp) presents the DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless System on Module, an ultra-compact form factor built around Texas Instruments’ DaVinci DM3730 processor and WiLink 7.0 wireless solution.
The DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless System on Module (SOM) is an innovative off-the-shelf solution designed to reduce development time and risk, combining a powerful applications processor with PC-like speeds and a wireless chipset with 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS support in addition to Android and Linux BSPs developed under an ISO 13485 quality process.
Ideal for applications in segments where network connectivity is required and space is a premium, the ultra-compact DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless SOM finds use in point-of-care medical products and handheld communication devices.
The DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless System on Module confines the processor and wireless solution to a single board, isolating the complex design, manufacturing and wireless certifications from the rest of the product.
Occupying less than one square inch, the DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless SOM boasts PC-like speeds up to 1 GHz with long battery life as well as low power consumption in suspend state, accomplished through Logic PD’s vast system design experience.
The WL1283 wireless chipset provides access to all the wireless protocols required in today’s connected world with 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, and GPS signals natively integrated with the DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless SOM and Logic PD BSPs.
By using the same connectors as Logic PD’s existing OMAP35x and DM3730 Torpedo SOMs, the DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless SOM extends the roadmaps of existing products and provides an upgrade path to future technologies.
Key features of DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless SOM:
- Product-ready System on Module with a TI DM3730 ARM Cortex-A8 processor running up to 1 GHz
- Android and Linux Board Support Packages (BSPs)
- Commercial and industrial temperature configurations
- Ultra-compact form factor (15 x 33 x 3.8mm)
- Same connectors as DM3730/ AM3703 Torpedo SOM
- Long product lifecycle
- Application baseboard
- DM3730 Torpedo + Wireless SOM
- 4.3” WQVGA LCD with 4-wire touchscreen
- Wattson power measurement application
- Necessary accessories to immediately get up and running