MANUSOFT has released an integrated financial module (IFM) that works with its system by automatically compiling supplier and customer information to match invoices as goods are received and despatched.
Working with an existing ManuSoft DRC (dynamic resource control) software installation, the module is very suitable to medium and high volume manufacturing by eliminating the need to re-key information already entered at the time of purchase or sale.
The IFM is an open system that rolls at the end of each year rather than at the end of each month. In addition, any transaction entered incorrectly may be unposted, fixed and reposted, therefore minimising journal entries to correct human error.
ManuSoft is a touchscreen system that can be used by any computer novice on the factory floor. The modular system covers the complete range of manufacturing activities from job quoting, through production control, stock and inventory control, cost tracking and onto product dispatch.
Development of the IFM further speeds the integration process between factory floor and office administration. To facilitate accurate rollovers for each financial year, the IFM works as follows:
· Once final figures have been returned by the company accountant at the end of the fiscal year, it is possible to revert to the previous year, make the necessary changes, and roll back into the current year with new end of year balances, thus correcting opening balances for the new year.
· Monthly reports such as profit and loss, balance sheet, trial balance and history reports may be reprinted at any time.
Another time saving feature is the ability to print creditor and debtor aged balance reports for any chosen month. A full audit trail on transactions and a bank reconciliation routine is very easy to use.
In addition to the debtor and creditor modules are:
· Standing journals (for monthly payments such as car leases, rent etc).
· General journals.
· Bank reconciliation.
· Trial balance report (print year to date balances for chosen month).
· Real time profit and loss balance sheets.
· Availability to set up summarised reports from profit & loss and balance sheet.
· General ledger account history reports.
· Easy unposting, correcting, reposting procedures.