Manhattan Associates have announced the updated release of Extended Enterprise Management (EEM), featuring instant visibility for Third-Party Logistics providers (3PLs) to manage orders, shipments and inventory.
The enhanced level of supply chain visibility now provided by EEM enables 3PLs to maximise inventory consolidation/de-consolidation opportunities at distribution centres (DCs) and to employ strategies such as ‘DC bypass’ where goods can be routed directly to downstream DCs, stores or customers.
According to Manhattan Associates, the EEM software solution specifically supports their 3PL customers by providing cross-docking and flow-through support that allows 3PLs to play a role in the ‘pop-up’ supply chain, which allows retailers and manufacturers to adjust their transportation and inventory networks to meet changing trends.
Manhattan Associates observe that this capability is seamless due to the visibility that EEM software solution provides, along with the capability to make quick decisions if an unexpected event occurs anytime during the movement of goods.
Manhattan Associates EEM software solution is designed to connect with trading partners and customers to provide the overarching visibility and event management capabilities required to manage inventory through global supply chains.
Manhattan Associates’ EEM software solution has the following features:
- A centralised, browser-based solution allowing 3PLs to manage order fulfilment and automate communications with customers
- End-to-end visibility of orders, shipments and inventory from sourcing to cargo delivery
- A single, consistent, real-time view of an entire global supply chain for higher inventory control and optimal fulfilment channels
- Ability to track and monitor supply chain events in real time and respond immediately based on alerts to critical exception events, which may threaten a company’s ability to meet customer commitments
- Ability to reduce transportation costs by leveraging optimal equipment utilisation