A range of high intensity Italian built overbelt self cleaning magnetic separators are now available from Magnet Sales Australia . These magnets are used for the extraction of ferrous pieces and contamination, particularly in recycled waste and conveyed product applications.
The overbelt magnet is placed at right angles or at the trajectory of the product and ferrous metal pieces are collected on the overbelt magnet and cleaned automatically by the moving belt on the surface of the magnetic separator.
The main advantage of an overbelt magnetic separator lies in free magnet maintenance and no electric current requirements for generation of magnetic field. As there is now power source needed, these magnets offer a low-cost solution for continous, yet sharply precise, extraction.
These overbelt magnetic separators with permanent magnets are available in 2 types:
- with ferrite permanent magnets for optimal extraction of middle and large-sized ferrous metals
- with Neodymium permanent magnets for elimination of tiniest parts of ferrous metals
Overbelt self cleaning magnets can be used on:
- trough conveyor belts
- flat conveyor belts
- slow moving conveyor belts
- fast moving conveyor belts
- inclining/declining conveyor belts