Paqworks has released Moxa serial port powered RS-232 to fiber optic converter.
The Moxa TCF-90 is a long range serial port powered RS-232 to fiber optic converter. With a compact size and high speed, the TCF-90 can extend RS-232 transmission from 15 meters to 5km in multi mode or 40 km in single mode without using external power.
The TCF-90 obtains its power from the attached serial port. A pair can be used to connect two RS232 serial devices to each other in full duplex transmission mode using optical fiber. Each converter can isolate a device from dangerous increases in ground potential, ground loops and electrical interference.
- Port powered or selectable external power source
- Extend RS-232 transmission distances via optical fiber
- Decrease signal interference
- Protection against corrosion
- Serial ESD surge protection (15 KV ESD)
- Supports baudrates of up to 115.2kbps
The full range of Moxa Media converters is available through Paqworks Industrial Data communications. With extensive experience in networking, Paqworks has a solution for all serial, Ethernet and video data communications.