New from Paqworks is the Moxa TCF-142 Series, which is Moxa's new serial-to-fiber Media Converter, it is equipped with a multiple interface circuit that can handle conversion between either RS-232 and fiber, or RS-422/485 and fiber. The TCF-142 Series of serial-to-fiber converters makes use of the unique features of fiber optic cable to extend serial transmission distance up to 20 km (TCF-142-S, which uses single-mode fiber), or 2 km (TCF-142-M, which uses multi-mode fiber).
Fiber optic cable is a good choice available for extending serial transmission distance, since it provides immunity from electrical interference, is not adversely affected by heat or cold, is secure against electronic wiretapping, and is more reliable and easier to maintain than wire cable.
TCF-142 Series Features
- Reverse Power Protection safeguards against inadvertently connecting the power cable to the wrong terminal.
- DIP Switch selectable terminator located on the outside of the converter's casing
- Auto Baud Rate Detection, there is no need to reconfigure the media converter if the baud rate of the serial device changes
- Plug and Play for easy setup
- Compact size allows TCF-142 to be used almost anywhere
- Fiber optic cable is immune from electronic signal interference
- Compared to wire cable, fiber optic cable protects against electronic degradation and chemical corrosion
- Transmission speed up to 230.4 Kbps
The entire range of Moxa Media Converters is available through Paqworks Industrial Data Communications.