Available from Madison Technologies , the new generation of industrial Ethernet switches introduced by Westermo meets the growing demand for reliable onboard railway communications networks.
Designed to provide highly robust networks and long-term field operation, Westermo Viper series industrial Ethernet switches are specifically designed for onboard applications around the ‘Westermo IP train concept’, offering a complete EN50155 Ethernet switch and routing solution that delivers an ultra-reliable network backbone for the creation of intelligent trains.
The ‘Westermo IP train concept’ encompasses the Westermo Viper 212, a managed layer 3 routing switch, the Viper 112 offering managed layer 2 switching functionality and Viper 012, an unmanaged solution. These different levels allow users to select the most appropriate level of functionality for their network whilst still having hardware that meets tough environmental challenges.
The robust design of Westermo Viper series industrial Ethernet switches makes them ideal for situations where mechanical stress, moisture, condensation, dirt or continuous vibrations could adversely affect the functioning of standard Ethernet switches.
Key features of Westermo Viper series industrial Ethernet switches:
- Ultra-robust design, sealed to IP65
- Integrated M12 connectors
- Vibration-resistant to military standards
- WeOS operating system of the Viper and RedFox switches balances data traffic on the network for maximum throughout and stability
- Unique FRNT technology re-configures a large network in 20ms in the event of link or hardware failure
- Can be safely accessed from anywhere in the network, or directly via a console port on the Viper switch or Ethernet/ USB port on the RedFox switch
- Configuration can be backed up and restored in seconds using a special M12 USB memory stick
- Easy to use, secure web configuration interface simplifies redundant ring network set-up