Featuring a modular design, these Ethernet switches allow users to install up to eight fast Ethernet ports. Advanced Turbo Chain and Turbo Ring technology and RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1w/D) helps to increase the reliability and availability of any industrial Ethernet network.
EDS-608 series industrial Ethernet switches support a number of reliable and intelligent functions that include:
- SNMP inform for ensuring reliable event management
- LLDP for automated topology discovery
- DHCP Option 82 for IP address assignment with different policies
- IEEE 1588 PTP (Precision Time Protocol) for precise time synchronization of networks
- IGMP snooping and GMRP for filtering multicast traffic
- Port-based VLAN, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, and GVRP to ease network planning
- QoS (IEEE 802.1p/1Q) and TOS/DiffServ to increase determinism
- port trunking for optimum bandwidth utilization
- SNMPv3, IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, and SSH to enhance network security
- SNMPv1/v2c for different levels of network management; and
- RMON for efficient network monitoring and proactive capability.