Designed to provide two-way high-speed secure communication between remote sites, the new Westermo Falcon industrial broadband routers with integrated Ethernet routing switch enable economical and reliable connection to equipment such as SCADA, PLCs, RTUs and I/O devices.
Based on the new VDSL2 (Very-High-Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2) standard, a highly advanced version of DSL broadband communications, Westermo Falcon industrial routers are designed to operate on ADSL/ ADSL2/ ADSL2+ lines.
The new Westermo Falcon industrial routers offer safety, backwards compatibility and ruggedised housing as standard features.
Key features of Westermo Falcon industrial routers:
- Compact industrial design with a purpose-built rugged metal housing incorporating a vibration-proof integrated DIN rail clip
- Wide operating temperature range from -20ºC to +60ºC
- High MTBF leads to an expected service life of at least 10 years
- Can be powered from separate DC voltage sources with inputs ranging from 16-60VDC when used in critical applications
- Integrated 4-port Layer 3 routing switch enables Ethernet communications
- RS232 port and built-in device server interface can be used to connect legacy serial devices
- Built-in stateful packet inspection firewall
- Supports IPsec VPN (Virtual Private Networks) tunnels secured by encryption protocols