Lubrication and fluid management specialist Macnaught celebrates its diamond anniversary in 2008.
Macnaught chief executive officer, Peter Macnaught said “It’s easy for people to say they’re here for the long haul, but we’ve already been here for the long haul – and today we’re going stronger than ever!” Mr Macnaught said.
“Macnaught customers trust our products to go the distance, because they’re designed, manufactured and tested to give years of reliable service under extreme local conditions,” he said.
“Our research and development staff and highly trained sales representatives work closely with customers to help them select the right products for their particular needs.
“We say our customers have ‘Peace of Mind’ – and we really mean it!”
Mr Macnaught said that National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and National Measurement Institute (NMI) certifications are further evidence of Macnaught’s high standards of research, design, engineering and manufacturing.
“That’s backed up by three Australian National Export Awards, two Australian Design Council Awards, and an Australian Technology and Innovation Award,” he said.
Sales & marketing director Andrew Riches said that Macnaught has grown from a small family company into a globally respected supplier of lubrication and fluid management solutions.
“Colin Macnaught started out making efficient and dependable hand-operated kerosene and oil pumps for primary producers back in 1948,” he said.
“Today our range of lubrication equipment, flow meters and hose reels for the mining, agriculture, transport and general engineering industries is extensive.
“Our nationwide sales network comprises more than 2000 resellers and 70 service centres.”
Mr Riches added that Colin Macnaught was passionate about exporting from the beginning.
“Macnaught products are now distributed in more than 60 countries worldwide, and we have offices in the USA, UK and Singapore,” he said.
“Peter Macnaught shares his father’s passion for selling Australian-made products overseas.”
Mr Riches said that engineering design excellence and customer focus have contributed to Macnaught’s ongoing success.
“With a commitment to excellence and value, Macnaught intends to continue its success for the next 60 years – and beyond!” Mr Riches concluded.
- 1948 – Colin Macnaught incorporates Macnaught in Turrella, NSW
- 1949 – Castrol appointed as exclusive distributor in Australia
- 1950s – First hand-pumps for kerosene and oil launched; first export manager appointed
- 1960s – First grease gun launched
- 1970s – Air motors and thermal plastics (world first) produced; three national export awards received
- 1980s –Oval gear meters manufactured in-house (Melbourne)
- 1990s – Peter Macnaught succeeds his father as CEO; offshore affiliates opened in the USA, UK & Asia
- 2005 – New corporate logo and livery implemented
- 2006 – Sales and customer service brought in-house (Castrol distributorship ends)
- 2007 – BG100 Powergun wins Power Torque Australian Technology & Innovation Award