The KV5-100 high voltage ac tester set, available from Macey's Electrical , is a general purpose test instrument designed for testing insulation systems and the measurement of breakdown voltage on electrical plant and components.
T&R Test Equipment provide protection test equipment.
The high voltage ac testers range includes primary and secondary current injection equipment up 6000A, voltage sources, micro-ohmmeters and high voltage test systems up to 100kV.
The ac voltage tester unit has an output voltage adjustable from zero to 5kV with accurate metering on both the output voltage and current. A zero-voltage interlock is provided, ensuring that the output may only be energised with the voltage control at zero.
The output voltage is metered by a large, linear analogue instrument with a dual-scale marking of 0-3kV and 0-6kV. Load current is metered by a second analogue instrument with 0-10 scale marking. Two current ranges are selectable: 0-10mA and 0-100mA.
The test object and output are protected by an adjustable current trip linked to the current metering range. The trip level may be set to 20-120% of the current metering range on 20% steps.
Breakdown of the test object is both audibly and visibly indicated. The alarm must be manually reset after a trip condition before testing can be resumed. The instrument is supplied in a compact and portable case with permanently connected test leads. The test leads are terminated in high voltage probes with retractable tips.
The KV5-100 high voltage ac tester kit is one of a range of high voltage test systems available from T&R Test Equipment.
KV5-100 high voltage ac tester set specifications:
- Output - The main output on the unit is variable between 0 and 5kVac. The output is rated at 50mA continuously and 100mA for 5 minutes followed by an off time of 15 minutes
- Metering - The output voltage is metered by an analogue instrument with 0-3kV and 0-6kV scaling
- Overload protection - Two overload protection circuits are provided on the KV5- 100. The first is user selectable and allows trip currents between 2mA and 120mA to be set
- The second trip circuit monitors the primary of the HV transformer and operates at approximately 130% or rated output current. An overload/trip condition is indicated by an illuminated push button and an audible alarm
- Burn out circuit - When in circuit, the maximum short circuit current is limited to 100mA. When out of circuit, the maximum short circuit current is approximately 2A
- Interlock circuits - The unit has a zero volt interlock that prevents the output being energised unless the output control is in the zero position. An external interlock connection is also provided, allowing the fitting of external emergency off buttons and test cage door interlocks
- Supply requirements - 115V±10% 50/60Hz 1ph 600VA max, 240V±10% 50/60Hz 1ph 600VA max
- Protection and safety - The unit is protected by electronic over current and duty cycle trips on the outputs and a fuse on the mains. An earth terminal is provided for connection to a local earth. The unit is designed to comply with BSEN61010 and is CE marked
- Temperature range - Storage -20°C to 60°C, Operating 0°C to 45°C
- Dimensions and weight - 364mm (H) x 147mm (W) x 262mm (D) Weight: 16.5kg
- Accessories supplied with unit - Operating manual, mains lead, spare fuse