Hipotronics CET-1500 capacitive discharge cable fault locator is available from Macey's Electrical . The Hipotronics CET-1500 capacitive discharge cable fault locator is designed to fill the requirement between the portable 5100 first response fault locating system and the higher voltage/energy CF70 series capacitive discharge fault locators.
The CET-1500 capacitive discharge fault locator combines high discharge voltage with high discharge energy to allow location of a wide variety of cable faults, especially when used with a Hipotronics HV digital TDR.
In addition, the controlled energy capability is quite beneficial for testing of XLPE cable where a lower ‘thump’ voltage but higher energy is best. The CET-1500 capacitive discharge fault locator is available in a standard 30" cabinet for easy van mounting (optional cabinets are available when combined with a TDR and coupler).
The package is lightweight and portable for the voltage and energy rating. The standard 5 feet output cable connects to a Hipotronics 8100 cable reel with a lockable MC connector. A standard MC locking plier termination is included. Additional types of cables and terminations can also be purchased.
Following are the features of Hipotronics CET-1500 capacitive discharge cable fault locator:
- Proof tester, burner, thumper in one
- Self-contained unit
- 1500 Joules of impulse energy
- Up to 32kV capacitive voltage discharge
- Light and small for rating
- Manual or automatic thumper pulse
- Up to 32kV Hipot
- Up to 160mA fault conditioning
- (Burning) current (at 8kV)
- Voltage and current indication
- Easily interfaces to Hipotronics HV TDRs and couplers
Following are the benefits of Hipotronics CET-1500 capacitive discharge cable fault locator:
- Test wide range of cable in a small lightweight package
- Delivers more energy at lower voltage
- Easily interfaces to Hipotronics and other systems
- Higher energy allows testing of long cable lengths and allows easier pinpointing of problem faults
- Current meter allows leakage measurements on PILC cables during Hipot testing or fault
- conditioning (burning)
- Single shot discharge mode allows minimal thumps when using TDR