The KV30-100 and KV50-100 are high power, high voltage AC testing systems that are suitable for development and routine testing of electrical insulation systems.
The high voltage testing systems consist of a control unit and a separate oil-filled high voltage transformer, linked by 5-metre supply and control cables.
The control unit is fitted with a comprehensive range of facilities for control, metering and protection.
Large, linear analogue instruments display the output voltage and current while a variable electronic trip is provided to allow the trip current to be set to 10-110% of rated output.
The high voltage transformer is housed in an oil-filled steel tank fitted with swivel castors for mobility. The units use a high voltage bushing for the HV output, and the other end of the HV winding is earthed.
Capacitive, resistive or inductive test objects can be tested using the KV30-100 and KV50-100 high voltage testing systems.
10kVA high voltage testing systems are available for higher voltage or output power. Models KV50-200 and KV100-100 are also available in low discharge versions.
- 0-30kV (KV30-100) or 0-50kV (KV50-100) output voltage
- 3kVA (KV30-100) or 5kVA (KV50-100) output capability
- Key-operated supply switch prevents unauthorised operation
- Dual overload protection
- Variable electronic trip: 10-110% of rated output
- Voltage and current metering
- External interlock circuit
- Zero-volt interlock
- Visual indication of test piece failure