Macey's Electrical offer Hipotronics CF series test systems for fault locating of primary cables. Hipotronics CF series test systems consist of a DC proof tester, a burner and a capacitive discharge fault locator (thumper). These self-contained, portable units are rugged, reliable and compact, making them suitable for field use.
The CF30-8 has a continuously adjustable impulse rate from 3 to 30sec. Test ratings are a 30kV DC proof test voltage, a 50mA burn current and a 0-15kV DC capacitive discharge (thumper) voltage.
The units can be used with a high voltage coupler (4100 series) and a time domain reflectometer (TDR) to quickly provide a specific distance to the fault in feet or meters. This combination of equipment can reduce the amount of high voltage (number of thumps) on the cable resulting in reduced damage or degradation to the cable under test.
The HSDAD acoustical detector can be used in conjunction with the CF30-8 to pinpoint the exact underground location. While the CF thumps the cable, the user listens to the thumping using HSDAD and can pinpoint where to start digging to repair the fault.
Following are the features of the CF30-8 HV cable fault locating power supply systems:
- Burn currents to 50mA
- Impulse energies of up to 900J
- Automatic and manual thumper mode
- Operable from line voltage or generator
- Single HV output for all modes
- Zero start interlock
- External interlock
- Mode indicator lights
- Electrically operated shorting solenoids with mechanical ground assurance
Following are the benefits of the CF30-8 HV cable fault locating power supply systems:
- Accurate fault identification and location
- One unit for all URD cable maintenance testing
- User safety - visual verification of grounding status through face panel window
- Repeatable impulse level
- Variable impulse rate from 3 to 30 sec
- Electrical utilities
- Test companies
- Petrochemical facilities
- Facility maintenanc