MPI Australia , specialist in packaging machinery and associated equipment, introduces the AB Autopack Shrink Bundle Wrappers.
Featuring integral horizontal collators, these bundle wrappers have been specifically designed for automatic collation and shrink wrapping of cylindrical or rectangular containers from 20-200mm in diameter.
The AB Autopack shrink bundle wrappers follow the process described below:
- After filling, capping and labelling, product containers are fed automatically onto the feed conveyor of the wrapping station and continue moving in a single lane onto the collating table
- Here, a pneumatic pusher collates the containers into the pre-selected pack formation, which upon completion is transferred forward into the welding position.
- Packs are then clamped, welding bars descent to complete the wraps, and the pushers return to prepare the next collation of product.
- As the welding bar ascends, the pusher advances to transfer the new collation into the welding position, at the same time displacing the previously wrapped collation onto continuously moving shrink tunnel conveyor.
- The wrapped collation soon enters the shrink tunnel chamber where re-circulated hot air causes the wrap to shrink and tightly conform to the contours of the contents.
- Once the packs are out of the hot chamber, forced air cooling is used to tighten sleeve wrap to achieve strong, secure packs ready for stacking on pallet or a placing on a shipping carton.