Vulcan C400-10/5 container handlers are packed with several features that together deliver safety, performance, comfort, productivity and reliability.
Fitted with an advanced high-torque, fuel-efficient diesel engine and four-speed powershift automatic transmission, the powerful Vulcan gantry trucks are constructed to undertake sustained heavy-duty container handling tasks. The 20’ to 40’ extension telescopic spreader with outreach, sideshift and slope/pile provides the versatility to handle every type of container.
MLA supplied a C400-10/5 to Toll Contract Logistics, Villawood Freight Terminal as part of a fully maintained rental agreement. According to Adem Long, Sydney Intermodal Manager, MLA has been supplying various container handers and forklifts to meet Toll’s requirements at Villawood. They decided to upgrade to the Vulcan C400 due to its reputation for superior performance and reliability.
Safety features in the Vulcan C400-10/5 container handlers:
- Sensors in the lift system prevent damage to the containers and spreader by cutting out lowering functions when the toplift is seated
- Walk around cabin allows for safer emergency egress and easier cleaning of the external cabin
- ‘Park brake on’ feature automatically engages the park brake when the operator approaches the container to prevent rolling
- Wide stance mast allows for greater visibility while manoeuvring
- Powerful, low revving, high torque engine
- Electrically controlled 4-speed transmission
- Multi-pump hydraulic system
- Proportional control joystick automatically increases engine speed when required
- Spacious, cushioned cab with comfort class seat
- Integrated pilot line control joystick
- Effortless hydrostatic power steering and compact steering wheel create an intuitive, fatigue-free working environment
- Separate cold air conditioning system and cabin heater
- Large windows for a high level of visibility
- Elevated central positioning of the cabin optimises visibility through the mast when travelling and to the load handler during operations
- 15-degree tilting cabin makes it easier for the operator to view from a height
- Can stack 9’6” boxes weighing 40 tons
- Capable of lift speeds of 0.4m/s unladen and 0.25m/s laden
- Robustness of construction
- Heavy duty drive line components designed for maximum performance and durability
- Heavy duty main structural elements provide stress relief via the load bearing areas, ensuring lifelong product integrity