The recent order of twenty Modulating Slide Gates and two Rolling Slide Gates with Packing will serve as barge unloading, belt conveyor feed, shut-off and regulating valves.
The cement weighs approximately 80-85 pcf and the flow rate is 850 tonnes per hour. These particular units have a 12" x 12" opening and are operated hydraulically.
Features of the Pebco gates include:
* Construction is of carbon steel channel, angle and plate. All welding is per AWS standards.
* Each opening is formed with welded plate and structural angle and includes a 2" x 3/8" thick throat.
* Gate frame includes a top dust cover and product deflector for product level sensor (to be provided by others).
* Each blade is 3/8" thick, A-36 steel plate.
* Blades are connected by a 2" schedule 40 pipe in order to provide tandem operation.
* Actuation is by a single, 2 1/2" x 15 1/2" stroke hydraulic cylinder. Cylinder includes ABS, US Coast Guard approval. Cylinder includes two EPS-7 cylinder mounted proximity switches for open/closed indication.
The Modulating Slide Gate and Rolling Slide Gate with Packing may be used in applications such as: bottom of bins, hoppers, screw conveyors, belt conveyors and vibrating conveyors.