The Australian market has changed considerably in recent months. As a result, companies are looking for cost effective pallet racking solutions to save the budget and continue to expand the required storage needs of imported and manufactured products from overseas and local manufacturing. Companies look for ways to save money and purchase used pallet racking from different sources.
According to Meca Racking Solutions , consumers should be aware of the following:
- All pallet racking should be inspected prior to use.
- Purchase racking that is branded to ensure all racking conforms to the Australian Standards and FEM standards for pallet racking.
- Used racking is less likely to have stress from accidental damage and environmental damage if five years old or less.
- Always have the racking installed by professional and licensed installation teams.
- Ensure that all beams are assessed for load bearing capacity and that correct manufacturers load charts are displayed for every different brand of racking.
- Any racking that has signs of environmental damage or forklift injuries should not be used.
Meca Racking Solutions offer consultation and safety audits to maintain the OH&S requirements for the safe use of pallet racking and all cantilever and storage systems.