Available from M2 Lasers , LaserStar Universal Workstation welding systems offers a comfortable, ergonomic design and ensures optimal platform flexibility for the widest range of on-site repair applications.
The electrical design efficiency of the 7700 Series LaserStar ensures a high level of hot-light energy is transferred from the source through the welding zone. This results in a significant pulse energy advantage while maintaining minimum water cooling temperatures and 24-hour operational performance.
LaserStar welding systems are ideal for a variety of plastic injection mould, tool and die maintenance and repair applications:
- Lay a bead as small as .0025” / 0.05mm
- Repair slots, pockets, radius contours and angles
- Repair polished, textured and engraved surfaces
- Repair thin walls with little or no warping
- Repair parting line edges and heat sensitive areas
- Alloys include tool steel, aluminium, copper, titanium and powdered metals
LaserStar welding systems reduce the amount of handwork required before polishing and virtually eliminate sink lines.
Common applications of the LaserStar include mould insert repair, cylinder inside diameter repair, casting repair welds and cylindrical weld repairs.