Leading South Australian liquid cartage contractor, Gericke Bulk established Gericke Logistics as a new arm of the business in 2003 with a Lusty EMS chassis semi-tipper to service clients with their bulk grain and fertiliser transport requirements.
By late 2012, Gericke was once again in the market for new equipment in order to boost their fleet capacity.
Whilst their core activities focus on the transport of canola, beef and mutton oils around the south-east region of South Australia and Naracoorte, Managing Director and Company Owner, Matthew Gericke has closely monitored and nurtured the Company’s grain and fertiliser cartage business. With growing demand from clients for the continuation of quality transport service, Matthew recently decided to add a new Lusty EMS lead slider and chassis tipper B-Double combination into the fleet.
In consultation with Kym Penhall, Area Sales Manager for Lusty EMS dealer, Transport Connection, Matthew had his new Lusty EMS combination built to specification. The chassis for both trailers was constructed using Domex 700 grade high tensile steel that helped reduce overall tare weight of the combination by approximately three quarters of a tonne whilst maintaining strength and durability and maximising payload capacity.
With the added available payload, it was also decided to fit digital scales on each trailer that would not only help maximise their carrying capability but also ensure accuracy with their measurements.
Matthew was also keen on exploring a customised solution to enable a more efficient method of tipping grain from the lead trailer, thus eliminating the build-up of product between the guards and allowing a cleaner and faster tip. Lusty EMS engineers came up with the ‘centre tip through chute’, which was integrated between the front and centre axle group and extended to the top of the guards.
Key features of the new Lusty EMS lead slider and chassis tipper B-Double combination:
- Unique access door included on both trailers to provide easy access into the tubs
- Two locks on access doors ensure 100% sealing and minimise any potential for load contamination
- Front lift-axles on both trailers help ease cost burden associated with tyre replacement and also save fuel when travelling empty
- Both trailers equipped with user-friendly remote controlled electric tarps to maximise OH&S factor for drivers
- 200+ LED lights including 136 side lights used along the top and bottom coamings of the trailers plus stop, reverse and indicator lights added to the bottom and top of both tailgates
- Extremely well-finished paint work and highly detailed graphics on both tubs