The solution for owners/managers of Toyota Landcruiser 70 series LC79 cab chassis and LC78 troop carrier vehicles who has a need to carry loads to a GVM of 3900 kg (up from 3300kg standard GVM), while at the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of work safety, police licensing, insurance, lessor’s and fleet managers.
Why do vehicles require G.V.M (gross vehicle mass) suspension upgrades?
- Need to protect Business, Managers from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence
- Possibility of Insurance companies to void payout if the vehicle is loaded beyond approved GVM
- Possibility of litigation under common law if is vehicle operated beyond its legal Load Limits
- Requirements to load vehicle and operate safely with weight beyond current Original Equipment limits for heavy and/or remote work
Using Lovells springs GVM upgrade suspension kit, (approved by the department of transport and regional services compliance plate approval no) helps avoid these problems.
What amount of increase should you expect?
Officially sanctioned GVM kit provides:
- GVM to 3900kg
- GVM increase of 600 kg
- Load carrying capacity of around 1600 kg (dependent on load bearing accessories)
What components come in the GVM suspension upgrade kit?
Kit includes the following:
- 2 x Lovells heavy duty rear leaf springs
- 2 x Lovells heavy duty front coil springs
- 4 x Lovells high tensile U-bolts
- 2 x Lovells greasable shackles
- 2 x Lovells greasable pins
- 5 x Lovells urethane bush kits to suit leaf spring eyes and shackles
- 4 x 36mm twin tube, long travel gas shock absorbers
- 1 x Brake load proportioning link spacer
- 1 x Rear hand brake cable extension bracket
- 1 x Compliance plate with revised GVM of 3900 kg
- 1 x Brake load proportioning valve adjustment warning decal
- 1 x Fitting instruction manual
Who can fit Lovells GVM suspension upgrade kits?
Because the Kit is approved on the basis of Lovells Springs being a secondary manufacturer, and the responsibility ultimately lying with Lovells, only Lovells Springs authorised fitters are approved to fit this Kit. All GVM Kit’s are supplied with detailed fitting instructions and appropriate documentation.
Who would require a GVM upgrade for their vehicle?
This kit will suit any vehicle owner/operator who has a need to carry loads approaching 1600 kg. This includes Government Departments, Mining Companies, Farmers, Tradesmen, large and small businesses, even individuals loading their vehicles for travelling.
What documents are required to ensure you are complying with the approval?
There is a specific GVM kit order form that must be filled out by your company for each vehicle to be fitted. On completion of the Kit being fitted by the Lovells authorised fitter, a check Llst must be filled out and retained by the fitter and Lovells for future reference.
Procedures such as these ensure requirements of Lovells being a second stage manufacturer are being fulfilled.
When should a GVM suspension upgrade kit be fitted?
New vehicles must be fitted prior to registration. They are simply then registered with a GVM of 3900 kg as per the new compliance plate.
Vehicles which are already registered cannot be fitted with a kit under this approval.