Live Industrial is the exclusive Australian distributor for ITISTRAP’s range of Standard and Flexter polyethylene terephthalate (PET) strapping, which is quickly replacing steel strapping due to many benefits, including cost saving.
ITISTRAP is an Italian company that manufactures and sells a complete range of PET strapping for every industrial application. Both the Standard and Flexter ranges of PET strapping are available in a wide variety of widths, thicknesses, lengths and colours.
Some of the many benefits of ITISTRAP’s range of PET strapping are:
- it does not rust (no corrosion staining of strapped product)
- its coil weight is 1/2 that of steel (minimizes manual handling risks)
- its coils contain more metres (reduces coil change frequency)
- it does not have sharp edges (reduces personal injury risk)
- it is environmentally friendly (can be recycled)
- it has a higher retained tension
- it is elastic (it stretches during application, meaning less strapping is used per pack)
- it is weather and UV resistant (it retains high applied tension even in extreme temperatures)
- it performs well under “shock loading” (it takes 2.5 times the energy to break)
ITISTRAP's Flexter PET strapping is manufactured from special raw materials and additives specially selected to ensure excellent splitting resistance, a reduced relaxation and a joint efficiency that can reach 100%. The Flexter range of PET strapping is a machine-grade PET strap, which has been treated with special additives to prevent the splitting. It is suitable for use with strapping tools through to fully automatic machines, and is particularly suited to difficult applications, including in the timber, brick, glass, aluminium, and steel industries.