Northrop Grumman Synoptics offer their customers the ability to grow, fabricate, coat and diffusion bond solid-state laser materials.
The YAG bonds are available from LightOptronics .
Optical properties of the YAG bonds:
- Transmitted wavefront distortions low Peak to Valley
- Opto-lase grade wavefront distortion achieved in bonded rods
- Mean stress birefringence decreases > 25% below as-grown contacted crystals following bonding heat treatment.
- Loss contribution of bonds is negligible
High strength YAG bonds:
- Higher average strength in flexure tests
- Bond failures do not originate at the bond interface
- Increased reliability indicated by higher Weibull modulus values
- All synoptics bonds pass boiling water thermal shock testing
Materials available for bonding:
- All garnet materials (Nd:YAG, CTH:YAG, Er:YAG, GGG)
- Ceramic Nd:YAG
- Fluoride materials (Nd:YLF)