Lidoran Environmental Services (LES) is fully licensed and OH&S compliant to handle, clean and remove:
- Asbestos cement sheet (roof, walls, flues, etc.)
- Insulation (pipes, boilers, dryers etc)
- Vinyl floor tiles and underlay
- Synthetic Mineral Fibre
- Sprayed Limpet Asbestos
- Bitumen, waterproofing membrane
- Lead paint
In this day and age of global warming and environmental concerns, awareness of responsibilities whether it is on a corporate or personal level is needed.
This extends to the daily workplace, the question being: What can a safe, happy environmentally sound, hazard free, working area be ensured?
The top four dangers, unacceptable according to NSW legislation laws are:
- Asbestos Cement Sheeting and Fibres- used extensively during the 1950’s, 1960’s and early 1970’s for insulation, structural members – popular for its thermal energy conservation
- Lead paint - Most buildings built before 1970 contain lead paint, some paints contained up to 50% lead. It was used as a drying agent, a colouring and to protect iron from rusting
- PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls) – the most common use of PCBs is in the common fluorescent light fittings. Prolonged exposure to PCB can cause problems including cancerous growth, nervous disorders, skin irritations, liver and pregnancy problems
- SMF (synthetic mineral fibres) - Mineral wool, glass and ceramic fibres have been used over the years for their thermal and acoustic insulation properties. Studies suggest that exposure to these materials can cause an increased risk in lung cancer
Lidoran Environmental Services will provide a one stop remediation shop.
Phil Archer, operations manager of Lidoran Environmental Services has extensive experience in asbestos and hazardous materials removal, airborne asbestos air monitoring, hazardous materials surveying/audits and project management.
With over 20 years in the construction and building industry he knows what is needed for different kind of circumstances.