Lexar Media , a leading global provider of memory products for digital media has announced the addition of the 128GB Echo SE portable backup drive to the popular Echo line of portable backup solutions.
Designed to protect valuable data on netbook and notebook computers, the Echo SE portable backup drive now offers up to 128GB of storage, allowing users to automatically back up more essential files – anytime, anywhere.
Once backup is complete, the Echo SE drive easily slips into a pocket or bag for portability with the knowledge that critical files are backed up if a laptop is lost or stolen.
More than 15 percent shorter than other 128GB backup drives, the high-performance Echo SE provides a way to easily backup data, with reduced risk of accidental in-drive damage.
High-performance Echo SE is an ultra-portable drive that easily plugs into a computer’s USB port to perform automatic backup of files at read speeds up to 28MB/s and write speeds up to 10MB/s.
The drive is interoperable between Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well as Mac OS X operating systems, allowing data to be seamlessly accessible whether using a PC or Mac computer.
The Echo SE portable backup drive is available in capacities of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
“The higher the capacity of your backup solutions, the greater volume of data you can easily and conveniently protect against loss,” said Richard Clarke, ANZ National Sales Manager, Lexar Media.
“The addition of the 128GB drive to the Echo SE line provides consumers and businesses embracing a mobile lifestyle with the space they need to back up a large number of files on a single drive.”
The Echo SE drive includes versatile, built-in backup software developed by Dmailer for Lexar.
Key features of Echo SE portable backup drive:
- High-performance, ultra-portable, flash-based backup solution designed for netbook and notebook users
- High-speed performance up to 28MB/s read and 10MB/s write
- Activates when plugged in, providing automatic, continuous backup
- 128GB capacity enables users to fully and continuously back up large volumes of data in one location
- Targeted file backup that stores only specified files and reduces wasted disk space
- File versioning feature backs up a history of files and allows the retrieval of previous versions
- One of the smallest 128GB backup solutions on the market
- Built-in, no-touch software automatically backs up files in use, with the optional 128-bit AES file encryption
The software also offers the ability to create multiple backup plans for multiple computers on one drive. Additionally, the software offers optional 128-bit AES encryption, enabling protection in the event of drive loss.
The Echo backup drive product line also includes the plug-and-stay, low-profile Echo ZE, one of the smallest USB drives in the world at 20.1 by 15.1 millimetres. The Echo ZE is available in capacities of 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
The Lexar Echo mobile storage devices range is available through Officeworks and on Lexar.com.
Australian distributors of Lexar Media products include Cellnet Group Limited and WestGroup International.