The applications for the PM-2 include:
· On-site measurement and monitoring of general environmental atmosphere.
· Working environments (sites of chlorine and caustic soda plants, various fluorescent tube plants, mines, chemical lab, hospital, thermometer maker, dental technician's room, etc.).
· Resource investigation, soil gas, volcanic gas.
· Others: where mercury is used and its use poses a problem - semiconductor plant, spaceship assembling site.
· Analysis in ppt order of mercury in liquid (such as rain water).
The PM-2 can serve as a no-man continuous monitor by setting the auto mode.
For mid-air measurement by hanging the PM-2 from a balloon and for measurement in a contaminated area, a wireless remote start unit is available (optional).
On-site measurement of trace mercury contained in a liquid sample also can be made by reduction-aeration, gold-amalgamation method (optional).