The model AF26, available from Lear Siegler , is a very precise dual beam color sensor. It measures the attenuation of the light intensity brought about by the process medium. The sensor type AF26, manufactured in stainless steel, is designed for inline operation. Its modular construction allows maximum flexibility in the adaptation to the process without affecting the quality of the measurement.
The process medium is penetrated by a precisely focused, constant light beam. With the dual beam absorption measurement the light beam is divided into two beams on the detector side and is passed through two interference-filters to the detectors.Two hermetically sealed photo-electric silicon cells measure the light intensities and transmit the resulting photocurrents to the amplifier. The change in the light intensity, caused by absorption and/or scattering by substances in the medium, is described by Lambert Beer's law: the logarithm of the transmission loss is proportional to the concentration of the substance.
This is applicable to dissolved as well as to undissolved substances.Depending on the respectiveproperties of the medium, even the smallest changes in color intensity can be measured by choosing a specific combination of optical pathlength (OPL) and optical filters. The sensor type AF26 uses light in the visible (VIS) and/or near infrared (NIR) range from 385 to 1100 nm. Because of the use of a reference wavelength varying background turbidity is compensated.
- Adaptable to each process
- Hygienic design / CIP ...SIP...Biotech
- Reliable in rough process environment
- Pressure: max. 500 bar - temp.: 240°C / 464°F
- Dynamic range: 0-0,05....3 CU
- Indication without delay (0,1 sec. response time)
- Low maintenance - optimum availability (sapphire)
- Validation for quality control system
- Turbidity compensated (dual beam technology)
- Uniform flow cell concept
- Guaranteed long-term stability (dual beam techn.)
- Safety according to EMC and NAMUR
- Reduce costs - increase quality
- Optimum ROI due to inline control
- Optimum process control
- High product quality with minimumraw material use
- Automatic documentation for quality control
- Increase profitability