The model AF16-F, available from Lear Siegler , is a very precise single beam color sensor. It measures the attenuation of the light intensity brought about by the process medium. The sensor type AF16-F, manufactured in stainless steel, is designed for inline operation. Its modular construction allows maximum flexibility in the adaptation to the process without affecting the quality of the measurement.
The process medium is penetrated by precisely focused, constant light beam. A hermetically sealed photo-electric silicon cell measures the light intensity and transmits the resulting photo-current to the amplifier. The change in the light intensity,caused by absorption and/or scattering by substances in the medium is described by Lambert-Beer's law: the logarithm of the transmission loss is proportional to the concentration of the substance. This is applicable to dissolved as well as to undissolved substances. Depending on the respective properties of the medium, the concentration of substances can be measured both in ppm- and %-ranges. The sensor type AF16-F uses the light in the visible (VIS) and near infrared (NIR) range from 385 to 1100 nm. The use of an optical filter on the detector side allows to adapt the wave range to the measuring task of theindividual application.
- Dynamic range: 0-0,05....3 CU
- Adaptable to each process
- Hygienic design / CIP...SIP...Biotech
- Pressure: max. 500 bar - temp.: 240°C / 464°F
- Process connection: DN 6...300 / ½" ...12"
- Validation for quality control system
- Low maintenance - optimum availability (sapphire)
- Design for permanent operation
- Indication without delay (0,001 sec. response time)
- Standardised flow cell concept
- Reliable in rough process environment
- Safety according to EMC and NAMUR
- Reduce costs - increase quality
- Optimum ROI due to inline control
- Optimum process control
- High product quality with minimumraw material use
- Automatic documentation for quality control
- Increase profitability