Lawson Software announces a technology platform update for the Lawson Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution.
Applications supported by Lawson Fashion PLM 3.7:
- Microsoft SQL 2008 database
- Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and 8 for users running the Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit) operating system
- Microsoft Explorer 8 for those moving on to the new Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit) operating system
The latest release also adds ten functional enhancements to the previous list of 64 features delivered within two years. Key enhancements include:
- The Lawson PLM to Lawson ERP interface now supports the updating of style information for colourways or sizes, which have been added or removed from a style, helping fashion companies save time and reduce the need for manual changes
- Mass updating of style information held within Product Manager helps improve user productivity and shorten time-to-market
- The Fabric and Trim module now includes new user-definable search fields for fabric and trim, extending the capabilities previously introduced for product searches within the Product Manager module
Lawson Fashion PLM supports the product design and development processes of private brand retailers as well as manufacturers of apparel and accessories in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The raw materials management library helps companies define, develop and test fabrics more effectively and efficiently, which helps reduce the risk of potential product issues and production delays.
Frédéric Champalbert, general manager, Fashion, for Lawson says that Lawson Fashion PLM helps companies shorten their time-to-market and supports technical and ethical compliance as part of vendor management capabilities.