Lawson Software introduces a new supply chain traceability solution designed to help support supply chain quality and safety while enhancing the client company’s brand reputation.
Lawson M3 Graphical Lot Tracker is a pre-configured supply chain traceability solution designed to help food and beverage companies gain greater control over food supply chain safety and quality by addressing compliance and traceability regulations introduced by US and European regulatory agencies.
Designed for rapid implementation and ease of use, Lawson M3 Graphical Lot Tracker is an enhanced version of the previous Lawson M3 Trace Engine.
The new traceability tool helps improve supply chain visibility, assisting food and beverage producers track production processes from raw materials through production to the point of sale. It can also help companies manage potential product recalls, which can ultimately help protect their brands during a crisis.
Designed primarily for the food and beverages industry, Lawson M3 Graphical Lot Tracker can also be used in manufacturing and fashion environments where companies need to track and trace the links between different lots in their various supply chains.
Key features of Lawson M3 Graphical Lot Tracker traceability solution:
- Powerful search capabilities help companies quickly trace backwards to identify potentially tainted raw material lots
- Also helps in forward tracking to determine potential product scope or safety issues
- Customer recall lists can be generated to identify affected end-products
- Lots in stock reports identify products remaining inside an organisation’s supply chain with the option to stop the product lots from further delivery
- Grouped search function facilitates search of multiple and combined product lots at the same time
- Search function is helpful when processing a large number of lots or conducting root cause analysis
- Assists with crisis planning by allowing companies to create ‘what if’ scenarios, enabling them to simulate, test and audit likely scenarios before they happen
- Dry run capability can help companies identify and rectify inefficiencies and gaps in their processes
- Supports reactive recalls
- Streamlines audits by providing proof of safety procedures, product quality, and sourcing strategies
- Intuitive web-based user interface helps simplify use for internal and external parties
- Regulators and key customers can have online access to traceability data
According to Patrik Sjöberg, director of product management at Lawson, food companies and consumers alike are much more aware of product safety issues today, driving greater need for traceability and product safety capabilities in the production and distribution of products.
Goods are moving quickly across borders and through complex supply chains in a globalised world making traceability more challenging. Lawson M3 Graphical Lot Tracker provides enhanced capabilities that can go beyond simple tracking and tracing, ultimately helping their customers focus on product quality and brand protection.