Lawson Software has released QuickStep Fashion, the company’s second industry-specific, pre-configured ERP application package. Keen Footwear, a new U.S. customer for Lawson will use QuickStep Fashion for its implementation. Keen Footwear licensed Lawson Manufacturing, Financials, CRM and e-Business suites to improve operational efficiencies and provide a platform for future growth. The contract was signed in Lawson’s second quarter of fiscal 2007, which ended Nov. 30, 2006.
QuickStep Fashion is an integrated solution focusing on making key information visible across the organisation, and aiming to eliminate the islands of information that frequently occur for manufacturing and distribution companies. The new solution from Lawson is designed to help meet the industry-specific business challenges of companies in the apparel, footwear, home textiles and accessories industries.
This includes brand owners with a design, source and distribution business model and manufacturers that face challenges such as:
- Managing wide product ranges, short lifecycles, high order volumes and the high velocity of transactions
- Planning a mix of style-based (e.g., style, color, size) and non-style products across complex global supply chains
- Meeting customer demands for short delivery lead-times and on-time delivery
- Managing inventory levels to ensure high customer service levels, while controlling the level of capital tied up in inventory
- Keeping track of financial information as material flows through the supply chain to measure profitability and meet compliance rules
- Establishing better supply chain visibility to provide customers with information and help facilitate timely decision making
- Establishing a single, common, up-to-date source of information
- Helping to minimise time and effort for implementing new technology due to resource-constraints and seasonal peaks.
The heart of QuickStep is the new version of the Lawson M3 Enterprise Management Suite, M3 5.2, released in November 2005. The QuickStep solution speeds implementation by pre-configuring 70 to 90 percent of the key processes required by companies in the fashion industry.
Keen Footwear, based in Portland, Ore., designs, markets and distributes shoes for a variety of outdoor activities and casual wear. Keen Footwear said the QuickStep implementation timelines will meet its needs and they anticipate the improved speed, reliability and functionality of the Lawson applications will deliver a much more efficient business model.
According to Keen Footwear, as it has grown and matured, it needed a faster, more reliable database, more sophisticated functionality, and dependable scalability. Lawson’s applications met all of those needs. Of the enterprise applications Keen Footwear considered, Lawson provided it with the functionality and reliability that it needs now and in the future, for a reasonable cost of ownership.
QuickStep Fashion provides full-functionality applications – not light versions. Customers can add features, components and customization as part of a continuous improvement program.
Lawson is continuing its momentum in delivering industry preconfigured solutions for its customers concerned about reducing the time, costs and risks in implementing new applications. QuickStep is standard Lawson software so customers can rest easy in knowing that it is focused on delivering solutions that are simpler to own, implement and use.
Lawson released its first pre-configured ERP application package, QuickStep Food & Beverage, in November 2006. Lawson plans to offer additional QuickStep solutions in the coming months.