THE iTRAIN-244 is a deep UV source at 244nm, based on Spectra-Physics' patented DeltaConcept external cavity frequency doubler and the BeamLok 2060i ion laser.
Available from Lastek , it delivers 100 milliwatts of stable output at 244nm and is intended for applications such as FBG (Fibre Bragg Grating) production and semiconductor inspection.
This is the first industrial ion laser to utilise external cavity doubling. This approach offers several critical advantages for industrial applications, compared to the intra-cavity technique used in traditional UV ion lasers.
In particular, the iTRAIN-244 delivers much better beam pointing stability: up to a factor of 10 better than corresponding intra-cavity products. Also, because the doubling crystal is housed in a sealed module, scheduled field maintenance can be performed easily and quickly.
In combination with the ion laser, the rugged iTRAIN-244 doubling module is permanently aligned and requires no manual adjustment or servicing. All operational functions are automatically controlled by the laser's computer, including crystal position.
The iTRAIN advantages include:
· Proprietary DeltaConcept technology.
· Superior beam pointing stability compared to all other 244nm lasers.
· Single longitudinal mode (SLM) operation.
· Short warm-up time increases productivity.
· Flexible configuration improves production line economics.
· Modular design for easy field service.