TherMark offers a unique solution for creating permanent, high contrast, high resolution marks on a wide variety of surfaces including most metals, ceramic, glass and many plastics. These materials have been scientifically formulated for high quality permanent chemical bonds.
Easy to use, TherMark materials are simply applied to the surface to be marked, with the coated part placed under a laser, the pattern laser-marked and the excess material removed.
Businesses currently using labels or printing technologies to mark parts can use TherMark laser marking materials to make permanent marks at the same level of resolution and contrast.
Those using direct laser marking can use TherMark laser marking materials to mark an even wider range of metals that can be marked directly (including chromed and anodised surfaces) without damaging the substrate. Marks made using TherMark can be more permanent with higher contrast, and viewable from a wider angle.
TherMark laser marking materials will also improve the contrast and resolution of marks in engraving or engraving/filling applications, allowing the user to mark machine readable codes.
Key features and benefits of TherMark laser marking materials:
- Chemically resistant to solvents, acids and bases
- Abrasion resistant
- Will withstand temperatures above 1800°F
- Withstands prolonged UV and moisture exposure
- High resolution: Easily creates barcodes, logos and fine text
- Black marks improve contrast for improved machine readability
- Maintains substrate integrity
- Bonds to the product surface with minimal thermal energy
- Can be successfully applied to plated materials without penetrating the surface
- Laser process facilitates variable data such as barcodes, serialisation and personalisation
- Ability to mark metal with an inexpensive CO2 laser
- Variety of colours can be applied to glass and ceramics