Rofin EasyMark lasers available from Laser Resources are an integral part of the medical device manufacturing industry.
From high speed production of miniature cardiovascular stents and creating intricate spot welds of less than 100 microns to welding and joining plastic components or creating high quality marks on medical implants, Rofin lasers are often at the heart of the solution. Lasers provide the benefits of non-contact, abrasion-resistant permanent marking with predictable and consistent results.
Using a diode-pumped Nd:YVO4 laser source capable of marking the wide range of metal and plastic components typically found within the medical device industry, Rofin’s EasyMark laser system can be used to generate alpha numeric content, vector or rastered graphics, grey scale, bar codes or data matrix codes. One of the most compact laser marking systems on the market, EasyMark can process a diverse range of parts.
Welding medical device components requires absolute precision and consistency, which is enabled by Rofin’s StarWeld Select, a self-contained and fully integrated welding system that provides the stable platform required for different welding applications.
The ergonomically designed system includes four high precision axes, which can be controlled manually using a joystick or operated under full CNC control, providing a high degree of flexibility for welding applications on medical device components. A flow controlled exhaust system with HEPA filters is also incorporated and a closed loop cooling system enables continuous operation.
Key features of Rofin EasyMark lasers:
- Marking field of 120mm x 120mm
- Accommodates components up to 450mm x 150mm x 200mm in size
- Optional rotary axis provides further flexibility for marking cylindrical components
- Operates from a conventional 240-volt power socket
- Does not require any external cooling
- Same safety rating as a CD player thanks to the fully enclosed (Class 1) marking area
- StarWeld Select integrated welding system welds different materials including stainless steel, gold, silver, platinum, titanium and memory shape alloys