Ophir’s lenses range includes the Duralens, Black Magic and Clear Magic featuring different attributes with all models sharing the same high quality.
During laser operation with several kilowatts, the focusing lens is heated because it absorbs a small portion of the laser power. Absorption takes place mainly in the AR coatings and at dirt on the lens. Absorption is typically 0.2% of the incoming laser power on a new clean lens with standard AR coating compared to 0.15% absorption on a lens with Ophir’s Black Magic coating.
During use in a laser cutting machine, absorption increases gradually due to increasing amounts of dirt on the lower surface. When the lens needs to be replaced, absorption usually is in the range of 0.3% - 0.4%.
Heating of the lens causes additional surface curvature due to thermal expansion and increases the refractive index of the lens material, resulting in the lens focal length becoming shorter and inability to predict the focus position exactly. Therefore, use of lenses with reduced absorption can make the focal length more stable and improve reliability of the cutting process.
Key features of Ophir’s Duralens CO2 lenses:
- Compatible with all major laser systems in the market
- Approved and used by leading OEMs
- Designed for high durability and accuracy
- Manufactured by automated CNC technology to assure complete uniformity
- Manufactured according to high precision specifications with absorption ≤0.2%
- All manufacturing is done in-house