All vehicles share existing passageways and lifts with passenger traffic. The Transcar system from Lamson Engineering uses laser guidance and requires minimum amount of installation time.
Transcar is an Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV).Transport tasks are transmitted by means of wireless communication from the control computer to the vehicle. In most cases, loads will be handled automatically at loading or unloading stations, which are determined and planned beforehand.
The Transcar system is specially suited for handling of trolleys.
- In a hospital environment: meals, linen, refuse, magazine items, pharmaceuticals, medical records, sterile instruments, etc.
- In industrial applications: up to 400 kg (components, semi-conductors, small parts) can be transported.
- In offices: to distribute mail trolleys.
The Transcar system will work 24/7 without OH&S issues. Transcar automatically goes to recharge as a fresh car enters the system. Depending on application, an ROI is often 1-2 years.
Technical data, type STC:
- Payload (trolley weight) : <400 kg
- Speed: maximum 1.9 m/s
- Direction: bidirectional identical travel behaviour (preferred direction applications depending on local safety requirements)