Allowing users to scan objects at any angle, the Symbol LS4278 handheld barcode scanners feature an innovative multi-line rastering scan pattern function that eliminates the need for exact aim and positioning of the scanner.
The laser line moves vertically during scanning, capturing small, stacked and poorly printed bar codes accurately on the first scan. The barcode scanner’s superior motion tolerance eliminates the need for users to pause between scans, further increasing productivity.
The integrated Bluetooth wireless personal area networking (WPAN) feature provides reliable and secure wireless transmission of data between the scanner and the host, enabling workers to move within a 15m radius to scan items while the cordless design helps create a safer work environment by eliminating the need for hazardous cables.
Symbol LS4278 handheld barcode scanners are designed to withstand all day use with features that deliver maximum uptime and investment protection including surviving 1.5m drops to the concrete. The scanner’s patented single board construction eliminates one of the most common points of failure, the interconnection between multiple boards.
The scanner and cradle offer industrial charging contacts that eliminate wear when cradling the device, providing a reliable charging connection through hundreds of thousands of insertions. Drain points are designed into the cradle to protect sensitive internal electronics from accidental liquid spills.
Key benefits of Symbol LS4278 handheld barcode scanners:
- Bluetooth Class 2 v1.2 enables cordless scanning with secure wireless transmission of data
- Multi-line rastering scan pattern eliminates the need for exact aim and positioning for superior scanning accuracy
- Remote scanner management (RSM) enables upgrade of devices from a central remote location
- Long life industrial charging contacts offer reliable performance, rated to 250,000+ insertions
- Reads good and poor quality bar codes at similar ranges, reducing the need for the user to move the scanner back and forth
- Superior motion tolerance eliminates the need to pause between scans
- 1.5m drop specification ensures continuous reliable operation
- Powered through host cable eliminating need for a power supply
- Plug-and-play universal cable connecting to any computing environment allows rapid deployment
- Up to three scanners can be used with a single cradle, reducing capital expenditures and maintenance costs
- Batch mode operation increases application design flexibility to better meet specific needs
- Vertical or horizontal mounting provides versatility to accommodate unique environments