The Symbol DS6708DL handheld imager scanners combine all the features of Motorola’s standard DS6708 imager including omni-directional 1D/2D bar code scanning with an embedded parsing agent that enables users to read the PDF-417 bar code and use that information for diverse applications including auto-population of a credit card or loyalty card form, age verification or returns monitoring.
A simple scan with the Symbol DS6708DL enables retailers to increase efficiencies and reduce manual keying errors. Symbol DS6708DL handheld imager scanners are suitable for use in all environments due to their ability to work with multiple interfaces, operating systems and host configurations, without additional software or licensing fees.
The DS6708DL is especially appealing to retailers without centralised IT services, thanks to the parsing done in the scanner and controlled by the user. For retailers who prefer to parse driver’s license data using a server-based solution, Motorola partners with industry-leading software parsing capabilities can help implement the solution.
The Symbol DS6708DL supports different data formats used by different states for drivers’ licenses along with the latest DMV updates, ensuring that the scanner investment is protected.
In addition to PDF-417 reading and parsing capabilities, Symbol DS6708DL handheld imager scanners also deliver the functionality of traditional 1D and 2D bar code scanners, enabling additional data capture capabilities while eliminating the need to invest in additional devices and separate bar code scanners for different symbologies.
Key benefits of Symbol DS6708DL handheld imager scanners:
- Embedded parsing agent reads the PDF-417 bar code on a US driver’s license and uses that information for multiple applications
- Supports all major 1D, PDF, postal and 2D symbologies, eliminating need for multiple devices
- RSM (Remote Scanner Management) capability lowers IT expenses and TCO by enabling remote management from a central location
- 1.8m drop specification, tempered glass exit window designed to endure the rigors of everyday use for maximum reliability and uptimes
- Multiple on-board interfaces
- Universal cable compatible for easy installation
- Wide working range with easy to use laser aiming pattern
- Optional hands-free Intellistand enables presentation scanning and automatic switching between hands-free and handheld modes