Now available from Label Power , the BarTender version 9.3 weighing scale support system offers better data entry forms, expanded IBM WebSphere functions and more.
BarTender version 9.3 scale support system can now directly accept data from weighing scales. The operator simply drags the scale control from the on-screen toolbox into a data entry form, specifys the desired model, and starts weighing and printing.
Key features of the BarTender scale support system include:
- easy design: simply "drag and drop" into forms
- compatible: predefined support for a variety of industry-standard scale models
- tare support: use the value built into the scale or source it from a field in the database
- versatile: have either the scale or PC determine when there is a "stable weight."
With the BarTender version 9.3 weighing scale support system it is also now easier to design powerful, user-friendly data entry forms when it is desirable to prompt users for certain data at print-time.
This barcode label software now features new controls with many more data entry objects, including radio buttons, check boxes, weighing scales, and pictures. Users can also create controls and link them to label data sources with simple drag and drop mouse motions.
Users can now also optionally design forms without designing their labels first. Most form controls are also now automatically created with text objects right next to them, which saves that extra step.
Users can also choose to have helpful hints pop up when they hover their cursor over selected form controls.
The BarTender version 9.3 weighing scale support system allows users to programmatically change the position, size, color, and visibility of label objects right in the middle of a print job. For example, a text object for "Shipping Method" can automatically print in red, when the value read from the database is "Over Night."
Human Readable support for 2D barcodes is also available with the BarTender version 9.3 weighing scale support system. The system automatically displays the human readable version of 2D barcode data.
The font toolbar on the BarTender system now displays samples of the font. Font names in the font toolbar are now displayed using the appropriate font.
BarTender version 9.3 expands upon BarTender's features for connecting to peripherals and integrating with other software.
Key connection features of this weighing scale support system include:
- serial port triggers: the Commander middleware application now adds integration support for a wide variety of serial devices, including weighing scales
- bidirectional WebSphere printing: Commander's IBM WebSphere support has been improved to now support HTTP posting, which allows for bidirectional print communications
- Commander variables: now store values into a single location and reference them from multiple Commander commands.
BarTender weighing scale support software is available in four editions that address a wide range of features and user requirements.
Both "Automation" editions allow unlimited network users, and licensing is based on the maximum number of printers used by BarTender on the network. The Professional and Basic editions are licensed based on the number of PCs used.