Does LX provide ‘estimate total price’ quotes or ‘time and materials’ quotes?
• LX can work with you under either method of quoting*.
• Estimated Total Price Quote
• LX can provide either an estimated total price quote based on client’s specification or develop a specification for quoting. At this stage, it is important the project is well specified, including deliverables, scope, timeframe, etc., in order to create an accurate as possible estimated total price quote.
• Time and Materials Quotes • Work on an hourly basis
• No specification required
• Best suited for high-risk projects, research, difficult-to-specify projects, (when it’s difficult to be able to estimate upfront how long the project will take), urgent projects (when there’s not enough time to go through the formalities of developing a specification and quoting), or low-budget projects (again due to fewer formalities of developing a specification).
• This method is also great for consulting work; for example, if you want an engineering resource to complement your team; an LX engineer can work with your team.
• Often, clients prefer to pre-approve blocks of hours, that is, only approved time will be used, and LX will notify the client in advance when a block of hours is nearing completion. This gives the client close control of how much time is spent on the project.
* Please note that LX will always endeavour to provide the most accurate quote possible with the available information at the time. However, as there are many factors beyond LX control, please be aware that this may affect the overall cost.