Loctite (Henkel Australia) announces the availability of a new sprayable seam sealer formulated to easily achieve an OEM finish in automotive applications.
Modern car bodies contain numerous joint seals that must have the sealer reapplied following a repair. The new Terostat 9320 sprayable seam sealer provides a high quality OEM finish for beading and texture refinishing for all vehicles.
The sealer, when used with Henkel’s revolutionary new nozzle system for the Teroson PowerLine II cartridge gun replicates the appearance of structural seams applied by robots in OEM flat stream and wide stream applications so that there is no difference between the repair work and the original work.
Henkel’s Teroson PowerLine II gun replicates this OEM finish using a very powerful air cylinder that dispenses low to very high viscosity material from cartridges.
Henkel demonstrator, David Marsh explains that the Terostat 9320 seam sealer cures at a faster rate compared to conventional products and can be over-painted after a period of 10-20 minutes.
Terostat 9320 spray sealer is suitable for panel sealing, brush sealing, spray sealing and sound deadening applications. Terostat 9320 is particularly recommended for the sealing of automobile seams such as hem flanges on doors, bonnets, tailgates, engine compartments, boot and the passenger cabin. Terostat 9320 can also be used on larger areas to repair under body or stone chip protection coatings.
Key features of Terostat 9320 sprayable seam sealer:
- Excellent UV resistance enhances weathering performance
- Fast curing speed allows over-painting wet-on-wet or up to 3 days after the first application
- Low viscosity seam sealant offers excellent sprayable adhesion without a primer
- Good sag resistance
- Solvent-free and isocyanate-free
- Ideal for all body repair sealant applications
- Can be over-painted with solvent and waterborne paints
- Replicates robotic flat stream and wide stream beads
- Can be applied in a fine or heavy pattern to both new parts and repair work
- Available in ochre, black and grey colours
- Repaired seams have the same appearance as the original
- Good adhesion to metals, primers and top coats
- Sag resistant
- Sprayable and brushable
- Fast curing
- UV resistant
- High ageing resistance
- Good sound dampening properties