The new heavy duty anti-seize stick from Loctite (Henkel Australia) is added to the Loctite range of products. The Loctite heavy duty anti-seize stick has the same product characteristics as its liquid counterpart but in the convenience of a stick. For a limited time the new stick comes with compliments of Loctite when a purchase is made of the heavy duty anti-seize 510g tub. The new heavy duty anti-seize stick is packed together with the tub in a promotional pack.
This promotion entices current and new users to purchase a 510g heavy duty anti-seize promotional kit where they will receive a complimentary 20g heavy duty anti-seize stick to trial in different applications. The new semi-solid stick offers the same performance characteristics as the Loctite heavy duty anti-seize paste in a convenient semi-solid stick form.
The Loctite heavy duty anti-seize is a metal free formulation that provides outstanding lubrication to all metals including stainless steel, aluminium and soft metals up to 1315°C. The Loctite heavy duty anti-seize is widely used in petrochemical plants and where copper based anti-seize is not permitted. It is also recommended for OEM specified turbine studs and bolts.
The Loctite heavy duty anti-seize stick can be used in the applications that includes bolts, screws, studs, pipe joints, nuts, plugs, bushings, extruding and forming dies, heat exchangers, shear blades, metal bending and mechanical packing. The Loctite heavy duty anti-seize stick is used in chemical plants, oil refineries, power plants, paper mills, steel mills and foundries, synthetic fibre plants, ship and aerospace, and manufacturing and service.
An anti-seize lubricant used on a bolt helps to develop greater clamp load for the same torque compared to an unlubricated bolt. An additional benefit is greater uniformity in clamp load among a series of bolts. Following are the features of Loctite heavy duty anti-seize:
- Metal free
- Higher temperature resistance (1312°C versus 982°C)
- Suitable for stainless steel, nickel and high temperature alloys
- Being non-metallic provides more consistent lubricity
- Better chemical resistance
- Better stress corrosion resistance
- Heavy duty anti-seize has GE approval for gas turbine applications
- Galvanic corrosion
- Approved to Mil PRF907 (standard anti-seize test used under military specifications)
- Non reactive with catalyst used in refineries
The newly introduced heavy duty anti-seize stick offers more portability and less mess. Following are the benefits of Loctite heavy duty anti-seize stick:
- Convenient: small enough to be ‘pocket friendly’
- No leaks, drips or spills
- Fast and easy to apply
- Solid formula: great for overhead use
- Functional for a full range of uses